5 Uses For

How to Tell if You Have an Earring Allergy

There are many people from all over the world that are allergic to earrings and the figure is around seventeen percent for men and three percent for men. If you happen to have had your ears pierced just recently and you are experiencing some discomfort, they may have been brought about by nickel allergy. You might also get some allergy symptoms after your ears have been pierced even if your earrings are not made of nickel. It is also possible for you to be allergic to some other metals such as cobalt, chromium or stainless steel. In the event that you are allergic to metal, it will be very easy to notice after having your ears pierced or some other part of your body.

There are some signs that can let you know that you have an allergy and they include having red bumps or a rash, severe itching or experiencing some changes to the color of your skin. It is also possible for you to know that you have some allergy by seeing signs such as getting blisters on your skin or some dry patches. It is important for you to know that you can experience these symptoms just a few hours or days after you have been pierced or you have started to wear a particular type of earrings. In many instances, the symptoms remain at the specific area where you were pierced but they might also spread to some other parts of the body.

In case the symptoms appear just after your ears have been pierced, it can be possible for you to treat them using home or over-the-counter remedies. In the event that there are no changes that you experience about the symptoms after using these remedies, you should ensure that you have contacted a doctor. The doctor you choose should be one who can prescribe to you some stronger and better treatment options. It is also a good thing for you to call a doctor in case you get some signs of having an infection.

You can get different signs of infection which are very common and they are such as check it out! feeling some warmth, having an increased redness in the affected part of the body as well as experiencing some fever. You may also experience some severe pain or have some pus in the area that has been affected. Clearing the infection on your own is never a good option. You should ensure that you look for a medical professional who can help you prevent the infection from spreading.